Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Night Time Antics


OK so I am trying desperately to get my 4 month old to sleep through the night. After camping with family this past week and trying to keep him quiet throughout the night my baby had the all night boob buffet every night and I need some fetchin sleep so bad. Starting 2 nights ago I decided enough is enough he is getting like a ton of cereal before he goes to bed every night and I know he is just waking up from habit and not from hunger. His room is upstairs so I parked my sleeping bag outside his door and every time he woke up I just popped that binky back into his mouth and laid back down. Screaming some he slept from 9-6 am and therefore I think it is working. I am going to do it a couple of more nights to make sure that he is got it and than I am going to reclaim the bed back with my husband. Holy cow this sucks!!

3 comments:

Darci said...

I so know how you feel. We had three nights when Jack woke up many times just to use me as a pacifier. We did the let him cry thing, it was horrible. Rod had to block me from going in to get him. He pretty much sleeps through the night now.

lovejoys said...

OK what the freak is wrong with me? Why is my 8 month old still waking up in the night and getting the boob buffet? I am too chicken to let her scream. You have inspired me to do this. No MORE! However, I have to speak in church tomorrow and don't want to look like what the cat dragged in so maybe I'll start tomorrow night. It is no wonder how I got in the predicament in the first place because I keep making excuses. It is no surprise that Gone with the Wind is my absolutely favorite book. I'll do it tomorrow. I love it that your blog has book reviews on it. Love it! I like Jodi Piccoult too but I couldn't finish 19 Minutes. It was boring. Loved Sister's Keeper and just finished a teenage girl who was raped, can't remember the title because I have baby brain. Kathy you are so freaking hilarious, I wish I was as funny as you. I love your guts.

Joyce

lovejoys said...

Oh PS, I hate the Twilight series, there I said it out loud. All of you can hate me, but I thought it was sooooooo boring. Can she write any more lame. Edward touched my hand. I like Edward. Edward is a vampire. She writes like a 3rd grader.

Joyce