Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Alli Girl


The story that happened was that started 2 weeks ago she had really bad shooting pains in her hip joints so we took her in for X-rays and mri's and cat scans and ultrasounds and they found fluid on her joints which the pain actually went away but more symptoms persisted such as a constant 101 fever for 2 weeks and also really puffy swollen face and red urine. So they took her down her for more tests trying to determine what it was. It is a really long name that I can't pronounce so what she had was a post nephritis which means that she had some type of infection that went untreated and moved into her joints and kidneys. She should clear up in a week or so and we are doing a final blood test to make sure that all the levels are normal in 6-8weeks. I guess this thing happens more with strep if it goes untreated but in her case it wasn't strep just somethign else. She went back to school today so she is fine. It was a close call though and we were scared!

5 comments:

jen morgan said...

I am so so so glad that they figured out what was wrong and that she's getting better! I thought about you guys every day! She looks so tiny in that hospital bed!

Mrs. T said...

I am soo greatfull to be a witness to the power of prayer! What a great opportunity to see the Lord's hand in your life! I am soo grateful and relieved!!!! It's good that you are back home and she was able to go to school! She is my kindred spirit you know! Hope with all this drama you will still be able to come to Wasatch...we will miss you tons if you don't!!

Jess said...

I've been checking your blog every day to see what was going on! I am so glad everything is ok!!!

Darci said...

So glad she is feeling better and that you know what was wrong. Take Care!!

Kenna said...

I am so glad that she is doing better!